Already registered for this retreat? Login
The fee for attending the Satsang Intensive program in Lisbon is €330 EUR. The fee for online attendance is £110 GBP (early bird price of £90 until 2 February, 2020).
Regardless whether you attend physically or online, this price includes access to the video recordings via Mooji TV for 6 months (live streaming and downloadable).
The currency varies as the providers for these services are in different countries.
No. This is a non-residential program. You will have to book your own accommodation.
You will find a range of housing options suitable for all kinds of budgets around the venue area. We suggest that you use reputable travel sites such as Booking.com and Tripadvisor to make accommodation arrangements. The venue is situated close to the following areas: Campo Grande, Alvalade, Palma de Baixo.
The venue can hold up to 1500 people, but we do recommend people to book as soon as possible as we cannot anticipate how quickly the spaces will fill up.
The Intensive will start on the evening of Wednesday, 29 April with the first satsang, and finishes on Sunday 3 May in the late afternoon. Prior to that you will need to exchange your ticket to a wristband which enables you to enter the hall. Please read the Check In section for details of opening hours and what to bring for check in.
A Satsang Intensive differs from a Silent Retreat in that it is shorter in duration than a retreat (5 days), and participants arrange their own food and accommodation. In a Satsang Intensive, silence is maintained in and around the Satsang venue, and recommended for the duration of the retreat, but there is also the possibility to continue with daily activities if needed.
- Check that all of your details on the form are correct.
- Refresh the page, or try a different web browser.
- Use a different device (e.g. a computer instead of a phone or tablet to complete your registration).
- Try a different bank card.
- Make sure that your credit card has sufficient funds
- If you cannot resolve the problem, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your registration is secured when you have received your booking confirmation via email. If you cannot find the confirmation in your mailbox, please check your spam box. If you still see no confirmation please contact us at email@example.com.
Click on the link in your confirmation email to open your ticket and print it or store it on your device.
Satsang means ‘association with the highest Truth’ and refers to a gathering of people who are searching for who or what they truly are at the deepest level. Satsang often takes place in the presence of an awakened teacher or master. Seekers will ask questions and the master will respond to clear up any doubts, misunderstandings or apparent obstacles. Satsang, Self-inquiry and ‘An Invitation to Freedom’ are all powerful aids to discovering your true nature and timeless freedom. A lasting discovery of Truth is often referred to as self-realisation, enlightenment or awakening.
More information can be found on the Satsang page.
Yes, that is possible as long as they are familiar with the Guidelines (see the Guidelines section above) and Terms & Conditions and let us know beforehand that they will be attending. There will be live translation of all the Satsang sessions in Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Italian and French. No translations are offered in other languages during Satsang except where the questioner speaking with Mooji specifically asks for translation in a particular language and there is someone available to translate for them.
Satsang is not a form of therapy and should not be used as a replacement for medical treatment. Satsang in the form of the Invitation and self-inquiry is a powerful aid to self-realisation. Mooji’s teachings are most profound in guiding seekers of Truth to ultimate awakening. However, his pointings and teachings are not meant as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Any change or discontinuation therapeutic psychological, psychiatric or other medical treatment should be undertaken with the supervision and guidance of a medical or other specialist mental health clinician.
No, unfortunately we are not able to provide such support at present.
If you are currently receiving or have previously received any medical treatment or therapy for issues related to mental health, Satsang Intensives may not be suitable for you. Please check with a medical or other mental health clinician whether attending an Intensive, or participating online, is suitable for you at this time.
Those experiencing psychiatric conditions, or other unusually strong emotional upheavals might not benefit from a Satsang Intensive, and occasionally, it could adversely affect pre-existing conditions. The questionnaire below may help you decide whether you are in a position to benefit fully from a Satsang Intensive.
Please note that this is intended as a guide only, and does not constitute or replace medical or psychiatric advice. If the answer to any of the questions is ‘yes’ please be aware that a Satsang Intensive may not be appropriate for you at this time.
- Have you ever or are you currently suffering from and/or receiving treatment for any of the following conditions: Anxiety disorders (which includes generalised anxiety, agoraphobia and panic disorder), mood disorders (which includes clinical depression, mania and bipolar disorder), obsessive compulsive disorders (OCD), personality disorders, schizophrenia, psychosis (on its own or as part of another condition)?
- Are you currently taking any prescribed or non-prescribed medication for the treatment of a mental health condition?
- Have you used any psychotropic (mind altering) non-prescription drugs for recreational, spiritual or self-medicating purposes within the past 6 months?
- Do you currently have any substance use disorders (this includes harmful use, dependence and addiction) or have you undertaken a detoxification from substance use within the past 12 months?
- Have you experienced any aggravation or deterioration of your mental health during the past 12 months irrespective of whether you have sought specialist advice for it or not?
- Have you ever experienced any unpleasant or unwanted effects (these can include physical, cognitive, emotional or ‘energetic’) that have persisted beyond the duration of your participation in a spiritual practice or retreat, which may have interfered in your wellbeing and/or functional abilities?
Answering ‘yes’ to any of the questions does not categorically mean you cannot attend a Satsang Intensive program. It requires you to seek specialist advice and receive confirmation from a medical or other professionally registered clinical specialist that your attendance is unlikely to adversely affect your health condition. Please be aware that we are not able to provide medical or psychiatric support or expertise.
Being in Satsang with Mooji does not mean that you have to be physically present or attend a retreat or intensive. Satsang works in many subtle ways. Experiencing a mental health or psychiatric condition is not something that excludes anyone from deepening in their Satsang or fully realising their true nature. However, proper medical guidance and treatment as necessary is still very important. The two can support each other.
Satsang does not cause mental health or psychiatric disorders. Occasionally, Satsang may bring up latent traumatic imprints or deep-rooted tendencies in the body-mind, which can trigger strong, seemingly overwhelming, thoughts and emotional responses. Satsang offers an opportunity to recognise, release and transcend these states. However, if there is a mental health condition, a participant may feel overwhelmed by the arising of their own hidden tendencies, and feel unable to control these projections or energies, and so additional medical and psychiatric support may be required. Please refer to the questionnaire above for more information.
For any queries you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The currency in Portugal is the Euro (€).
For some countries a visa is required before entering Europe. You will need to check with the Embassy or a travel agency in your own country about the necessary visa requirements before your departure dates. This information is also easily found on the Internet (http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/who-needs-schengen-visa/). Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the completion of your trip or you may not be allowed to travel.
If you cancel your participation in the Event for any reason, the cancellation policy below will apply:
- If you cancel up to 31 days before the event you will receive a 75% refund.
- If you cancel 30 days to 15 days before the event you will receive a 25% refund.
- If you cancel 14 days to 0 days before the event you will not receive any refund.
A full refund may be requested for medical reasons. In order to request it please send a medical certificate stating your inability to attend until latest 14 days after the Event has ended. After this date expires, we reserve our right to refuse any refund.
The above days are calendar days, not including the day on which the Event starts.
Please note that tickets are non-transferable, and as such it is not possible to sell, give or otherwise transfer your ticket to another person.
If you would like to cancel your ticket, please use this contact form.
If you have any further questions that remain unanswered, please contact: email@example.com