The most important thing in life
is to wake up to who you truly are.
You are not merely a person.
You are the living spirit of Truth.
You are the light of consciousness
—wisdom and love shining as life itself.
You are pure Awareness.
This 5-day Satsang Intensive with Mooji is a powerful non-residential retreat in the heart of Lisbon. It offers the opportunity to be immersed in the energy field of Satsang, of genuine introspection and contemplation, in one of Europe’s most beautiful cities.
Mooji introduces the direct path to freedom through self-inquiry and The Invitation, which is proving to be one of the most effective aids for true and lasting Self-discovery. His presence, guidance and wisdom encourage and challenge, yet never fail to illuminate.
Satsang will take place twice each day, offering a supportive and loving space where the master answers and guides genuine seekers into the direct recognition of the timeless existence they are. The unique setting of a Satsang Intensive allows us to move about in daily activities while benefitting deeply from Mooji’s presence and direct pointings to Truth—thereby revealing that the joy, love and peace that so many are searching for in this world is our very nature and Self.
Participants arrange their own food and accommodation. Silence is encouraged to support the deep introspection offered in Satsang. While silence means to refrain from contact with those around us as much as possible, here it also means to introvert your attention and rest it in the Being, the place Mooji continually points our attention back to.
The Lisbon Satsang Intensive is a compelling invitation to everyone who is called by the inner voice of the Heart to come to the full recognition of their true Self. Welcome!
This Satsang Intensive with Mooji is for those who are genuinely drawn to Self-discovery. This environment is not for the merely curious, but for those with a sincere commitment to Self-discovery. It is essential that those who intend to join this Intensive watch these important videos: An Invitation to Freedom and A Simple and Profound Introduction to Self-Inquiry.
Each participant is required to adhere to the following guidelines which are in place to facilitate your awakening. Therefore, by attending this event you agree to:
- Approach the Intensive with the understanding that it is not a casual event—it is for those earnestly seeking Self-realisation in this life.
- Attend each and every Satsang session. Remain inside the Satsang Hall until the master has left the room. This is out of respect for what he is offering to all of us.
- Present questions to Mooji in a simple, open and honest way. Avoid sharing personal stories, but come as though this is your only opportunity for freedom. Please understand and respect that it is only during Satsang that Mooji invites questions—he will not receive questions afterwards.
- Move in silence before, during and after the satsang sessions. Keep your interactions with others to a minimum so as to receive the greatest benefit from your time here. Take all necessary interactions outside the Satsang space.
- Switch off mobile phones or tablets completely during Satsang. Even a muted phone can interfere with the sound and broadcast.
- Not take photos or videos inside the Satsang Hall. We have appointed photographers and the photos from the event will be shared on the Mooji.org website.
- Refrain from using intoxicants or recreational drugs for the duration of this Intensive.
- Wear modest clothing throughout the Intensive, avoiding tight, revealing or transparent clothes.
- Satsang Intensives are not a replacement for any therapy or other medical treatment or diagnosis. If you are currently receiving or have previously received any medical treatment or therapy for issues related to mental health, this Satsang Intensive may not be suitable for you. Therefore, for those with a history of serious mental health conditions, it is not advisable to attend this Intensive without ensuring it is reasonably safe to do so. Please check with a specialist healthcare practitioner whether attending the Intensive is suitable for you at this time. More information can be found here.
- By attending this event, you agree to have your image and voice recorded and possibly used for the sharing of Satsang on DVD, mp3 and on the Internet. All recorded material will be used to serve satsang only. Images of all individuals will be treated with the utmost sensitivity and respect.
The Aula Magna is located in the Rectory of the University of Lisbon. This impressive amphitheatre-style concert hall stages the concerts of many international performing artists, thanks to its excellent acoustics and accessibility. This spacious and comfortable environment is ideal for the full immersive experience of being in Satsang.
The Aula Magna has ample parking and is easily accessed through the Lisbon Metro station, Cidade Universitária.
Av. Prof. Gama Pinto 3,