Silent Retreats with Mooji at Monte Sahaja
19 – 29 July 2017
9 – 19 August 2017
Frequently Asked Questions
For general questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About Registration
Q: I am having trouble with the online registration form or with payment. What should I do?A: Be sure to check that all of your details on the form are correct. Try a different bank card. Refresh the page, or try a different web browser. If you cannot resolve the problem, contact us at email@example.com.
Q: How can I be sure that I am properly registered?A: Your registration is secured when you have received your booking confirmation via email. If you cannot find the confirmation in your mailbox, please check your spam box.NOTE: Complete payment swiftly to secure your housing type, as your reservation is held only for 20 minutes. If you do not make payment within 20 minutes, your housing choice is released and your retreat place or accommodation choice cannot be guaranteed.
- About Attendance
Q: Can I bring my child to the retreat?A: No, we cannot accommodate children at this retreat.
Q: I really want to attend the retreat, but I can’t arrive on the first arrival day. Can I still come to the retreat?A: Yes, you can come as long as you can arrive at Monte Sahaja by 13:00 (1pm) on 19 July (or 9 August). See the Travel section for more information.
- About the Retreat
Q: A friend who does not speak English wants to register for a retreat with Mooji. Is that okay?A: Yes, that’s possible as long as they are familiar with the Guidelines and let us know beforehand.
Q: What does the schedule of the retreat look like?A:
Day Program arrival day Check-in day 1 Check-in & Welcome day day 2 Satsang day 3 Satsang day 4 Satsang day 5 Satsang day 6 Satsang day 7 Contemplation day 8 Contemplation day 9 Satsang day 10 Satsang departure day Check-out
- About Your Physical ConditionPlease be aware that unfortunately we are not able to provide any support for those who are unable to move independently.If you do have physical limitations, we suggest you come to one of the other events with Mooji, such as the one at Zmar this coming September. The retreat will also be broadcast live and you can join online from home.Q: I read that Monte Sahaja has a hilly landscape and steep paths. How far is my accommodation from toilet facilities, Satsang space or dining area?A: Toilets and showers are available in the various camping areas. The Satsang space and dining area can be a 5-10 minute walk.Q: I can’t sit on the floor. Can I sit on a chair?A: Monte Sahaja has chairs with back support available.Q: Do you provide meditation cushions to sit on the floor?A: No, we advise to bring your own meditation cushion if you wish to sit on the floor.
- Mental Emotional Psychological ConditionsQ: Can I attend if I have been treated in the past and/or I am currently receiving any form of medical treatment or other therapy for mental, emotional or psychological conditions or illness?A: If you take full responsibility to consult with your Therapist or Doctor to ensure it is appropriate for you to attend this Mooji Satsang Event at this time, then yes.Q: Can Satsang make people mentally unbalanced?A: No. When there is a latent or hidden mental condition or instability, any situation considered to be stressful could be the trigger for a psychological imbalance.Q:Could this retreat help me if I am going through a strong psychological state?A:If someone comes to an event experiencing serious emotional or mental problems they may be unable to understand or apply Mooji’s pointings properly. For this reason we request that you check with a mental healthcare professional before attending to determine if this retreat is suitable for you at this time.
- About the InternetQ: Will I be able to use the internet during the retreat?A: Monte Sahaja will not offer wi-fi or internet access during this retreat, and there are no internet facilities nearby. You are highly encouraged to not use the internet during the retreat and to switch off your mobile device. This is out of respect for your satsang and for the satsang of all the participants.
- About FoodQ: I read that there will be simple vegetarian meals offered each day; but I have a food intolerance. Will there be any alternatives to wheat or dairy?A: If you have any special dietary requirements due to a medical condition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org before making a booking to inquire whether we can accommodate your needs. Where needed for medical reasons we will provide an alternative.
- What to BringDetailed information on what to bring will be provided once your registration is confirmed.Q: Do we have to bring our own bed linen and towels?A: If you are staying in a tent you must bring all of your own bedding. To make sure you are warm enough at night, you may need to bring an extra blanket. If you are staying in a hut or dormitory bedding is provided. Please take your own towel(s).Q: This will be my first time camping. What if I forget to bring some necessary items or if it is all too heavy for me to handle on my own?A: Though we require that participants bring all that we recommend, in case of emergency, we do carry a stock of camping accessories such as sleeping bags, pillows, sleeping mattress, bedding and torches that can be rented or purchased. Be mindful that quantities are limited, so please endeavour to bring all you will need.Q: Is there a possibility to do laundry during the retreat?A: No. Please note that there are no laundry facilities at Monte Sahaja so bring enough clothing for the full retreat. Water is scarce and therefore it is also not permitted to hand wash your clothes during the retreat.Q: What will the weather be like in July and August?A: Portugal in July and August is generally hot during the day but can be quite cold at night.. A full checklist of what to bring will be sent to you once you have registered.
- Other PracticalitiesQ: What is the currency in Portugal?A: The currency in Portugal is the Euro (€).Q: Is there a possibility to change or receive cash in Monte Sahaja?A: There is no possibility to change or receive cash in Monte Sahaja.
You can change money or use the ATMs at the airport.
Make sure to bring enough cash with you to purchase items from the One Love Shop and Sangha Shop.Q: Do I need a visa to come to Portugal?A: For some countries a visa is required before entering Portugal. You will need to check with the Embassy or travel agency in your own country about the necessary visa requirements before your departure dates. This information is also easily found on the Internet.Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond the completion of your trip or you may not be allowed to travel.